Hi, I’m Janet Camilleri, winner of the Redlands Woman in Business Award in 2016, and now a finalist in the 2017 Redland Business and Retail Awards for 2017.
I started my business, Front Page Web Writing, after I was made redundant from a position in government.
As the name implies, I write for the web – with a focus of getting your business on the front page of Google. This process is known as Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), and my passion is SEO copywriting.
Although my business is located in Redland City, on the outskirts of Brisbane, thanks to the joys of modern technology, you don’t need to live nearby for me to be able to help you with your web content and digital marketing needs! I work with local clients – for example, a Redlands Podiatry Clinic – as well as businesses across Australia – such as the Bendigo Gallery Cafe.
Although I mostly focus on SEO copywriting, I can also provide a range of other digital marketing services, such as:
- building and maintaining WordPress websites;
- email newsletters (Mail Chimp);
- social media support;
- blogging – for others, and also on my own site, Middle Aged Mama.
Over the past 20 years, I have been published in various magazines, anthologies and online. Further details are available on the Published Work page.
I served as the Editor of Footprints magazine for Australian Christian women, a not-for-profit organisation, for 15 years.
As part of this role, I coordinated a team of volunteers; conducted interviews; wrote articles; planned content; encouraged other writers; took care of marketing and admin; designed layouts; proofread and edited articles; wooed advertisers; produced a quarterly print magazine and monthly ezine; blogged regularly; and wrote two books.
From 2006 until 2012, I was the Editor of a number of regular newsletters for local community sector networks, including:
- Redlands Youth Network;
- Redlands Interagency Network;
- Redlands Disability Network;
- Redlands Seniors Network;
- and the Redlands Creative Alliance.
I am a full member of the Society of Editors (Qld) Inc.
Training and Qualifications
I constantly strive to upgrade and improve my skills, by participating regularly in relevant workshops, conferences and other training events.
- Dip Teach (Primary) – BCAE – 1986
- Writing for the Web – Vision Australia – 2008
- Editing the Magazine – Magazine Training International – 2009
- ProBlogger Training Event – ProBlogger Events – 2013, 2014, 2016
- Australian Virtual Assistants Conference – AVAA – 2014
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management with TAFE Queensland – 2014
- Diploma of Digital Marketing – Shaw Academy – 2016
- Certified SEO Copywriter – Hubspot Academy – 2016
- CopyCon – Australia’s first copywriting conference – 2017
Why not find out what some of my clients have to say about my work?
Whether you need help with SEO copywriting, editing, social media, or a website, contact Front Page Web Writing for a personalised quote today!